Wednesday 29 November 2017

In the Grand Manner Part one.

This blog is really a labour of love and is really an attempt to make certain that any person even slightly interested in wargaming understands the importance that Peter Gilder was when it was first attempting to establish itself in this country in the late 1960's and 1970's. I may only return to post occasionally but I am always on the lookout for additional information to add to it. Somehow I forgot about the articles Peter Gilder wrote in 1970 for the wargames magazine Miniature Warfare. Anyway whilst re reading them the other night I 'found' these. Gilder created several versions of his Waterloo terrain which he sold and then subsequently returned to to build an improved version.
I think it would be fair to say he was fascinated by the battle, and hosted many games of the battle.   





No comments:

Post a Comment